When I popped in to say hi to By Hand London at the Knitting & Stitching Show, the lovely Victoria very kindly gave me a copy of their Flora dress pattern. I promised to make it up and blog about it and so here it is…. I chose a new gingham fabric that we have in the shop. I figured it would wear well with tights for winter or bare legs in the summer. With summer in mind I chose a cotton lawn to line the bodice.
Everything was nice and easy to follow. I skipped the stay-stitching at the beginning as I often think it can also cause stretch as it means you are handling the fabric twice, especially when it is on the bias like the front wrap is.
I should however used an organza bias strip (a strip of organza, cut on the bias and then stretch out with the iron so there is no more give left in it) and sewn this to the neckline as this bad boy stretches. But everything else went smoothly.
I didn’t have the right colour zip at home so I popped a red one in, which makes me smile when I see it!
The length was perfect on me. The only alteration I had to make was to bring the centre back in by 2cm but apart from that the 10 was a perfect fit. Loving having this little number in my wardrobe, already worn it twice!
Thanks, By Hand London! Next time it’s a Coco…