Happy Monday everyone! It was a delicious weekend in London. I hope you all had sunshine where you are too.
The Doris Dress is an intermediate level pattern, but we know some of you advanced beginners would like to have a go. And you most certainly can! But we thought to make your life easier, we’d create a sewalong: a step-by-step, fully-photographed guide to sewing your Doris Dress from beginning to end.
The sewalong will begin on Wednesday 11th May when we’ll be gathering our supplies, choosing fabric, and measuring ourselves. The really fun bit (sewing!) will then begin on Friday! If you haven’t got your pattern yet, you’ve still got time!
The schedule will look like this:
– Wednesday 11th May: Gathering Supplies, Choosing Fabric, Measuring and Cutting
– Friday 13th May: Creating the Bodice
– Monday 16th May: Sewing the Skirt and Assembling the Dress
– Wednesday 18th May: Inserting the Zip
– Friday 20th May: Finishing Touches – Hemming and Buttonholes
By the end of next week you could have a brand new me-made dress to show off!
So what do you need to do now? Job number one is to pick up a copy of the Doris Dress pattern!
See you on Wednesday for the first instalment of the Doris Dress sewalong. We can’t wait to get this party started!