With a mix of sadness and optimism, today we’re announcing that from January we’ll be closing our London shop on weekdays, only opening from then on on Saturdays. From then we’ll stop selling fabric, and instead we’ll be concentrating on bringing you more of what you love us for; our patterns and online classes. We’re staying in the same location, so our newly redesigned London classes will still run at weekends.
Over the past year we’ve found running a bricks and mortar retail business increasingly difficult, and it’s become unsustainable for us to keep the shop stocked and open. Since we opened our first shop in Clapham in 2011, we’ve constantly evolved and been led by the business. With the difficulties UK high streets are facing right now, we can see it’s time for us to listen to what the business is telling us, and head down a new path.
Focusing online, next year we want to reach more people with what we do best. We’re planning more patterns, more online classes, and more fantastic content across our social media and YouTube accounts. Our PDF Club will be back and better than ever. We’ll have a brand new My Capsule Wardrobe eBook coming out. And we’ll be doubling the amount of patterns we’re bringing you, back to one every month.
We’re really sad that we’re not able to keep our shop open during the week, but we’re incredibly excited about what’s to come. We hope to see our London locals for brand new weekend classes and special events soon!
To thank you for your support, all our fabric* is on sale with 50% off. Just use code BIGTHANKYOU at checkout. No refunds or credit can be given if the code is not applied.
To help explain our decision, Lisa has filmed a video, which you can watch here, or find on our YouTube channel.
You need to know
– From January 2020 we will be closing our London shop Sunday-Friday, effective Friday 20th December when we close for our Christmas break. However we will remain open on Saturdays from 4th January onwards.
– We will still run our London classes at the weekends, as well as special one-off events. You can see everything we have planned on our Classes & Events page.
– The cancellation policy for our London classes is changing. Please read our updated terms and conditions on our FAQs page.
– We will no longer sell fabric online or in store, with the exception of our own designs, after all current stock has been sold.
– If you have a gift voucher or store credit and you wish to spend it on fabric or haberdashery, you will need to use it now, as we will no longer stock these items from the new year.
– Our online shop will continue to run as normal, albeit without fabric. You will be able to buy paper and PDF patterns as usual, and access your PDF downloads.
*Excludes Lisa Comfort fabrics
We want to say a huge thank you to all our London locals and those who’ve made the trip from much further afar to come and visit our shop. We’re so grateful for your support, and we hope you’ll stick with us on this journey going forward.