Learn how to make pencil pleat fully lined curtains. You will learn how to measure the window correctly, square off the fabric, add the lining (by machine) and attach the header tape, as well as lots of tips and tricks by an expert soft furnishings designer.
You will make a sample curtain in this class to take away with you as well as a detailed instructions leaflet with photographs to support the text.
Your sewing level:
This is not a beginner class, we will expect you to be able to use a sewing machine, sew and cut confidently (ideally be at same level as someone who has completed the Intro to sewing course).
Cake and tea will be provided to help the sewing process along!
- Can thread a sewing machine
- Can sew to different seam allowances
- Understands about backstitching at the start & end of seams
- Have made a range of sewn items equivalent to those made on our Intro to Sewing class
- If you have completed our Intro to Sewing class, you are level 3
Class length: 3 hours
Materials required: 0.75m of medium weight cotton fabric 140cm wide
Max in class: 6
Teacher: Bevelee Regan
Session: Monday 17th July 2017, 18:30-21:30, Book Now