Sew Over It would like to announce their newest London Class recruit – the gorgeous Kitty Dress! With some serious vintage vibes the Kitty Dress is the perfect companion to days in the park and nights dancing until dawn!
Kitty features a flattering princess seamed bodice for flawless fitting, a self lined bodice and an elegant flat collar. The slim shoulders create a faux halter-neck effect that is balanced out by a full gathered skirt, with a side invisible zip to get you in and out.
During your Kitty Dress class, you will:
- try on a toile to choose your size
- learn how to sew and fit princess seams
- learn how to sew a self lined bodice and flat collar
- learn how to insert an invisible zip in a side seam
Tea and treats will be provided to help the sewing process along!
- A confident dressmaker
- Can confidently approach all skills mentioned in previous levels, in addition to setting a sleeve
- Has sewn with difficult fabrics
- Has a good understanding of clothing construction
- Has an idea of fitting and altering a pattern
- Can sew unaided at a good pace – e.g. could make our Ultimate Shift Dress (if already cut out) in 3 hours
Class length: Three 3 hour sessions
Materials required: To make the Kitty Dress, you will need 2.9m of 140cm wide fabric. Unfortunately this pattern will not fit on 115cm wide fabric. We recommend cotton and cotton lawn for Kitty, she would also work in chambray and linen. Don’t choose anything too drapey or too heavy as you’ll loose the sharp structure of the collar and the volume of the skirt.
Pattern sizes: 8-20. If you are outside or may be bordering on this range of sizes, please contact us two weeks before the class as we will need to grade a pattern especially for you. If it is just one size up or down, we will do this free of charge, but if it is more then there may be a small fee.
Max in a class: 6
Teacher: Julie Johnston
Did you hear? Book on to one of our classes and you’ll receive 20% off full priced items in store on the first day of your class!
Session: Tuesday 31st July, 7th & 14th August 2018, 18:30-21:30, Book Now
Session: Thursday 21st, 28th June & 5th July 2018, 18:30-21:30, Book Now