Learn how to make professional roman blinds. You will learn how to measure the window correctly, square off the fabric, fully line the blinds, attach the necessary parts to make the blind functional and how to fit it to the window.
On this course you will make a sample blind to take away with you as well as a detailed handout with photographs to support the text.
This is not a beginner class, we will expect you to be able to use a sewing machine, sew and cut confidently (ideally be at same level as someone who has completed the Intro to Sewing course).
Tea and treats will be provided to help the sewing process along!
- Can thread a sewing machine
- Can sew to different seam allowances
- Understands about backstitching at the start & end of seams
- Have made a range of sewn items equivalent to those made on our Intro to Sewing class
- If you have completed our Intro to Sewing class, you are level 3
Class length: Two 3 hour sessions
Materials required: 1m of medium weight soft furnishing fabric, 140cm wide. Please note we do not sell this at the shop, so you will need to buy your fabric before hand and bring it with you.
Max in a class: 6
Teacher: Bevelee Regan
Did you hear? Book on to one of our classes and you’ll receive 20% off full priced items in store on the first day of your class!
Session: Tuesday 6th & 13th November 2018, 18:30-21:30, Book Now