Last week we released our Summer Dreaming eBook, which is a brand new collection of five stunning patterns primarily aimed at intermediate sewers. The eBook is filled with fun techniques and new skills to learn, designed to push the boundaries of your sewing. From the shirring in the Siena Dress to the clever construction of the Sorrento Jacket, there is tonnes to learn and help you grow as a dressmaker.
Whilst the eBook features clear easy-to-understand illustrations, we know that for some of you there’s nothing like a teacher explaining the technique step by step in a video. So today we’ve trawled through our online class platform, Stitch School, to bring you all the tutorials we can think of to help you with your Summer Dreaming wardrobe.
- How to sew a narrow hem
- How to work with fabric on the bias (with the Alderley Top)
- How to turn out a sharp corner with thread
Ravello Dress and Top
- How to make bias binding
- How to apply bias binding – four ways
- How to join bias binding in the round
- How to mark and sew a dart
- How to sew with shirring elastic (NEW!)
- How to gather fabric multiple ways
- How to apply strap adjusters (NEW!)
- Full bust adjustments
- Small bust adjustments
- Broad & narrow shoulder adjustment
- Full bicep adjustment
Extra tips & tricks
- How to assemble a PDF pattern
- A guide to different marking tools
- How to grade between sizes
- A guide to machine feet
- How to sew a tailors tack
If you’re a Stitch School Basic or Premium subscriber, all of the above tutorials are free to access with your membership!
Not a subscriber? Join now for bespoke sewing classes from a place you can trust!